Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The day the Jets died


Being 150 miles south of Winnipeg, the Jets were a very convenient trip north up I29 across the border to Hwy 75. I can still remember going to a few games during that final 1995-1996 season. During that final season I went to games between the Flyer's vs Jets, but also the Blackhawks and Jets. It was doubly hard to watch the Jets leave Winnipeg because a few years earlier I had watched another one of my favorite team the North Stars leave Minneapolis shortly after making a run at the Stanley Cup and then relocate to Dallas because of Norm Greed. Now we have a mess in Phoenix and you have to wonder if the Jets would have been better off playing in Winnipeg than the black hole known as Glen Dale.

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment