Thursday, August 27, 2009

UND ranked 2nd in the Hockey News WCHA Jersey Rankings


UND was ranked second in the Hockey News WCHA jersey rankings, I was shocked that the Minnesota Golden Gophers ugly Hockey jersey was ranked first over all for the WCHA. I guess the fans think the hated “M” is better college hockey jersey than the storied Fighting Sioux sweater.

On a less humorless note, some of the fans in the WCHA are apparently unimpressed with the Hockey News. I don’t blame them because if they are going to have a fan generated voting poll at least be a little more informed on the teams in the WCHA or risk pissing off their fans who would be your potential customers.

Here are a few of the things that I noticed; as of this season BSU is in the CHA for one more season before they become a member of the WCHA. The next head scrather is that while they included BSU with the WCHA they also forgot to add the UNO Mavericks. Duh! Also, the Hockey News down right dissed UAA and DU. DU has seven NCAA titles and deserves some respect. UAA has been a member of the WCHA since the 1990's and they do deserve respect and is a member in good standing in the WCHA.

While I have never personally been to Anchorage Alaska or to Fairbanks at least I know they are two different schools 358 miles apart, breaking it down further, not only are the two Universities are in two different towns but are also in two different conferences (UAA WCHA, UAF, CCHA).

If I was personally ranking the WCHA jersey’s I would say:

1.) UND
2.) MTU
3.) UAA
4.) UMN
5.) UMD
6.) C.C.
7.) Wisconsin
8.) D.U.
9.) SCSU
10.) MSU-M


BallHype: hype it up!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Goon, I noticed the same things about BSU. I didn't catch the UAA thing thoe. But also to add to the BSU crap, That isn't even their real jersey! There is no Beaver in the center which they point out. I posted a comment on their site about their mistakes and it didn't stay up long before they deleted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attended BSU for two years and played football for BSU one year and I have a beaver tattooed to my leg, so yeah I love BSU and the university. My buddy is Scott Williams who is the TV voice of the BSU Beavers.

    ReplyDelete