Saturday, August 22, 2009

Heatly explains his side.

You can hear former Badger Dany Heatley explain his side of this crazy story, you an also listen to it at this TSN link. I have to scratch my head when I hear these highly paid athletes make these types of comments. Seriously! If anything Dany sounds petty and if your disappointed with your playing time and you don't feel your getting enough playing time you work harder you don't ask for a trade. You complain about it in the media. Now, if the GM from the Sens can't trade him there is a serious distraction in the locker room.
Dany Heatley says that he feels that his role with the Ottawa Senators has been diminished, and that's the biggest reason why he has asked for the team to trade him.

The veteran forward spoke in Kelowna, B.C. on Friday for the first time since he made the request in June. He stated that his wish to be traded has not changed over the summer.

"When I signed in Ottawa two years ago, I felt it was to be an integral part of the team," Heatley said. "Over the last two years and more recently over the past year, I feel my role was diminished. This past season, it diminished a lot more.

"This is a straight hockey decision. I have nothing against the fans of Ottawa, or the city of Ottawa. I would like the opportunity to go somewhere where I can play to the best of my capabilities and be the player that I can be."

Despite his demand to be moved, Heatley confirmed that he will still report to the Senators' training camp next month if he is not dealt.

"I have a contract, and if I'm still a Senator at training camp time, I'll be ready to go. But at the same time, I think we know that there are other teams out there that are interested, and hopefully something can get done," added Heatley.

For his part, Senators executive vice-president and general manager Bryan Murray said on Friday that finding trade partners for a high-priced player like Heatley has not been easy. [TSN] [Props]



BallHype: hype it up!

3 comments:

  1. guest blogger invitation

    Hello,

    This is Rose writing from www.huliq.com. I visited your blog and liked your content.

    Would you be interested to send us a guest post on any of the issues related to the topics that you cover in your blog. We will publish it in our site www.huliq.com

    In return with each guest blog we will give one link in the author's byline back to your blog. We only ask that the guest post ( we prefer it be a news coverage, sources can be Google News, CNN, MSNBC, Yahoo News, BBC and others) be a unique story and not be published in your blog.

    HULIQ is indexed by Google News and Google requires that the length of the unique news is at least 5 paragraphs. We desire it to be at least 6 paragraphs if possible. And that all need to be a unique content. Once you send us a new story totally unique we will immediately publish it with you link in it, and within 15 minutes it should be indexed by Google News.

    Also, please structure author byline as follows:

    author's name:
    author's e-mail:
    author's blog url:

    Please let me know if you may have any questions about www.huliq.com.

    If you want to consult the topic with me first that's perfectly fine as well.

    Many thanks
    ruzik.mail@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goon, what's up man? I think Heatley is a whiner, but whatever. Bring him to the Wild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if Heatley will accept a trade to the Wild or not. Heatley is still a good hockey player but what stops him from asking for another trade in a year or too if Richards doesn't play him the way he likes.

    ReplyDelete