Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Avery on Donald Brashear.

Interesting interview with Sean "sloppy seconds" Avery. I still wonder how some of his Rangers team mates will feel about having Donald Brashear in locker room after he took out their team mates Blair Betts with a cheap shot last spring during the Stanley Cup playoffs.
On Donald Brashear: “I know he’s a scary dude…I’ve never fought him; I’ve never been dumb enough to do that… It’s always good to have a presence physically on the team, whether it’s a guy on the back or a guy upfront, I think it’s something that’s important, and as much as people say it’s not a part of the game, it is. It was certainly bittersweet to see Colton (Orr) go, I’m happy that he got a nice contract and he definitely deserves it. But it’s a new season and Brash will definitely be welcome in this dressing room and be part of our team for sure.” When reminded that Brashear---a former Flyer---had received tips from Joe Frazier during the lockout, he said: “I don’t know if Joe Frazier has enough left in the tank, I know Brash does, that’s all I’m worried about [Newsday.com]




BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment