Monday, May 25, 2009

It doesn't get old hearing this.

This is music to my ears. As a Minnesota Wild fan this is what I like to hear, I don't want to hear about defensive systems I want to see the puck getting pushed up ice and goals being scored.
Leipold's guy made clear his philosophy.

"I want an up-tempo, aggressive, fast style of hockey," Fletcher said. "We want to dictate the pace of play to our opponent."

That should be welcome news to Minnesota fans who had grown weary of Lemaire's counterpunching style, which relied on a strong neutral zone trap to force turnovers and create rare scoring chances. (Read the rest of the story here)

BallHype: hype it up!

1 comment:

  1. It kind of reminds me of what John Tortorella said when the Rangers fired Tom Renney. He came in and said "I'm not interested in trapping. I want to attack." More GM's and coaches need to have this attitude...

    ReplyDelete