Saturday, April 11, 2009

Jacques Lemair is done as Wild coach.

Mike Russo is confirming what many thought might happen, Wild Coach Jacques Lemair is stepping down as the head coach of the Minnesota Wild. Lemaire is the only coach the Wild have ever known. In away I wish it was the General Manager Doug Risebrough that was announcing his resignation/retirement, because he has screwed up this team in a bad way. Good luck Jacques, you're a hall of fame player. Holy Cow this didn't take long. The thing that really kills me is that the Wild scored 14 goals in two games, there were times during this season were the Wild didn't score that many goals in two weeks. Where art thou?
Jacques Lemaire, the only coach the Wild’s ever known, has coached his final game with the Wild.

With clear signs before the game that Lemaire was indeed done, Lemaire finally confirmed it after the Wild’s 6-3 win.

“I think it’s time for the players to get a new coach and myself look at other stuff.”

With you coach elsewhere? “I’ll see. It’s exciting. It’s an exciting job. I was behind the bench there just before the game there, and I felt I was getting really tight because it’s something I’ve done for 15 years and I like it and I have to go.”

2 comments:

  1. I think it's the right move for Lemaire to leave. Although I live in Minnesota, I could really care less about the Wild, but since they are the "home" team, I am forced to follow them at least to a certain extent and most of my fellow hockey friends are fans. They all say the same thing: we want offense. We are sick of defense, trapping, and low-scoring grinds. Certainly cutting off the head of the snake will kill it, so this had to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The games the Wild played with Gabby healthy looked really good. While I am sick and tired of defense, I think the problem Doug Risebrough, he has to go.

    ReplyDelete