Friday, March 06, 2009

Fighting Sioux coaches show.



(Click here for the broadcast)

Fighting Sioux head coach Dave Hakstol was on the Fighting Sioux coaches show at 43:45. First question out of the gate was about league expansion and coach Hakstol didn't have any information on it at all.

The next question out of the gate was about injuries and Coach Hakstol said, “That he talked to Derek LaPoint in the weight room and he is not coming back this season.” Coach Hakstol said Derrick is coming along in his recovery. Other than that he said that he really couldn’t comment on injuries and that basically everyone is banged up this time of year.

Tim Hennesy said, “I just got my ballot today for the all league voting and all that. I like Brad Eidsness, I think that Brad Eidsness should be a slam dunk for Rookie of the year. I don’t think it is negotiable. But the people I am talking to I don’t think he is going to be. In your mind is he the best rookie and done the most for his team that is on top of the league right now in the WCHA. Shouldn’t he, shouldn’t he be a slam dunk? Coach Hakstol said, he is pretty good. Coach Hakstol also said, “I am not campaigning or on a on a soap box for any of our players, that is not what our team is about.” Coach Hakstol said there are lots of good young players in our league.

No comments:

Post a Comment