Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Crosby and Ovechkin.


I saw this story over on Puck Daddy. I love watching these two teams play each other. Also, I can't be the only one that is getting tired of Crosby's antics, while Crosby is a good hockey player he is a bit of a cry baby. Here is Ovechkin had to say about Sidney Crosby.
"What can I say about Crosby?" he said. "He is a good player, but he talks too much. I play hard and if he wants to hit me, he can hit me, not talk to you guys about who plays cheap and who plays dirty. That's my game... If he doesn't like it, it's his problem."

Later on, when I got my chance to speak to Ovie in Russian, he seemed to be jokingly frustrated about the whole "cheap shot" issue.

"What, I can't play hard against him? What is he going to do, cry?"

2 comments:

  1. Ovechkin is the most complete hockey player out there. Crosby may be the NHL's poster boy, but OV is a better player. That said Malkin is right behind OV, as the same type of player. I wish the rangers could find a player of this type!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone that thinks Cindy Crosby is a more complete player than Alexander the Great doesn't know anything about hockey...period. Ovechkin is the complete package of speed, skill, and physical nature while Cindy is a pussy and whines all the time. Granted, me being a die-hard Flyers fan probably has something to do with my opinion. Malkin is a more complete player than Cindy right now, but no one plays the game like AO does right now. It's no wonder Washington signed him to a 14 year deal.

    ReplyDelete