Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The definition of a brawl.


Since we are on the subject of fights in Hockey (college and professional) check out this video; the past few season Sioux fans have heard how UND is always involved in the fights, brawls and acts of thuggery.

Folks this is my definition of a brawl. In all of the years that I have been watching Sioux hockey I have yet to see something of this magnitude at a UND Fighting Sioux hockey game. Next time you read or hear that UND was involved in a brawl; take a step back and ask yourself is this what they're are talking about. Probably not. This is my text book definition of a Donnybrook.

Props to the Monday Morning Blogger.

6 comments:

  1. I love how the pussy goalie in the white takes two huge baseball swings at a guy that didn't even hit him. I would have turned right around an put that whimp on his ass for that, and then, when he goes to fight the other goalie, he backs off when he starts getting beaten, and then skates away. What a turd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these kind of brawls are out of control. My wife and I were watching the Wild game last night when Boogaard dropped the gloves with some Goon from LA.

    My wife thought it was silly that two guys would have a pre-arranged decision to drop the gloves and box while the refs looked on she said she likes the fights that happen as a result of two guys getting after it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this type of fighting disgusts me. I'm a finesse hockey fan. Not this shit. I could never play minor league hockey for this reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These types of fights are gone for the MOST part from professional hockey. Notice the one guys said there are going to be suspensions and this doesn't happen very often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind a good fight I am not a big fan of the brawls like this. When it gets to this level the ref has failed to do his job effectively.

    Two goalies fighting is remotely interesting but I don't see the point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The goalie fight was disappointing but there were a couple of top notch scraps in the corner. Seeing this makes me miss junior hockey a bit but playing the rest of a series with a bruised face is no fun.

    Exactly right about the officiating, this could also be titled the definition of losing control of a game

    ReplyDelete