Sunday, December 28, 2008

What really is the problem?

The Fighting Sioux suck right now. I also looked at my calender and noticed that it is still 3 1/2 days until the new year comes and we can only hope that the Fighting Sioux will turn the corner and go on yet another run to the NCAA playoffs. Just like the Fighting Sioux did the last 4 seasons.

I believe the later isn't coming this season, but there is still a lot of hockey. Personally, I think the Fighting Sioux's season will end on a Thursday night at the Xcel Energy Center. Just a prediction. I hope I am wrong, and I can only imagine the carnage if this turns out to be true.

Lots of questions to be answered

I sit here today scratching my head, My favorite football team the Vikings suck miserably and I am hoping the Vik-queens will lose today's game so we can start the fire Brad Childress watch.

While I don't hope for the same fate for Hakstol he is wearing on me and other Sioux fans. All you have to do is read the posting on USCHO.COM and SIOUXSPORTS.COM. The Sioux fateful are getting nervous and want some answers. They are tired of hearing I like this team, we are almost there. We want to see W's in the win column.

1.) I am more than miffed; why have the Fighting Sioux have played so many games the past 5 years with little or any emotion? This didn't happen a lot on Dean Blais' watch.

2.) Could it be that Hakstol isn't the greatest of coaches? Is Hakstol in over his head? Who do we blame for these yearly debacles? Should the fans hold the players more accountable?

3.) What happened to Sioux pride? Doesn't wearing Sioux warrior on the front your jersey mean anything anymore?

4.) Who is going to step up and be a leader?

5.) Is anyone else sick of stupid sports cliches?
Certainly not a real good performance,” UND coach Dave Hakstol said. “Our heads were up our rear ends from the drop of the puck through the first 11 minutes of the hockey game. And the rest is history.

“I don’t want to take anything away from (Michigan State’s) performance. They are a great team that knows how to win. Certainly, a lot of guys in that room have done a lot of winning. They did a very good job. We did not.”

6.) Is that all our coach can say after a pathetic loss? Your team just lost to a team that had not won a game in 12 games and this is all you have to say? It is the coaches job to perform the extraction, make adjustments to your game plan and move on. Don't let the guys flounder on the ice for 2 1/2 periods.

7.) Should the Sioux hockey team worry less about filming cool shows like Miller Time and start concentrating more on playing hockey?

8.) Is Jess Meyers right? I would hope not.

9.) Should the Sioux wear the black uniforms more often?

10.) Can the Sioux beat MTU today? I dunno Boosh and MeG I think your team has a chance.

2 comments:

  1. I have a minor theory, and that's I think that it's a combo of Hakstol not being a great coach and not being a great recruiter. I think Eidsness and Gregoire are good recruits and Kristo obviously is good, but he doesn't rake in guys like the Gophers do.

    And I hope the Vikings win because I don't think Childress will get fired if they lose, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sick and tired of Brad Childress I want him gone as soon as possible. I also hope he takes T-Jac with him.

    ReplyDelete