Friday, December 19, 2008

Western College Hockey on UND.

Check out what Chris Dilks from Western College Hockey has to say about the WCHA and UND. I agree with what is said here. I think UND is becoming a decent team that rack up the goals.
6. North Dakota, 12 games played, 13 points

I think a lot of people wrote off North Dakota earlier this year because they weren't as strong as they were the past couple years, but they are potentially one of the scariest teams in the league for the second half of the season. They're a team known for their slow starts, and they're strong finishes, and I think they could do the same this year. A big sweep over St. Cloud last weekend puts them in excellent position for the second half of the year.

One reason they're so dangerous is that they've finally got things figured out in goal. I have no idea why Aaron Walski got three starts in goal, but North Dakota lost all three, while they've been pretty good with Brad Eidsness in goal. Eidsness struggled in his first start, but since then, has been at least serviceable in net.

The Sioux don't have any real stars on offense--BTW, I've yet to receive any apologies for all the things said about me for not putting Ryan Duncan on my preseason all-conference team--but they've got a lot of very good players that give them a really balanced scoring attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment