Tuesday, December 16, 2008

NCAA Round Up (going five hole article)



Here is the latest article I wrote for Sean Leahy's Going Five Hole.






First off I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year. This is the season to watch college hockey and Christmas tourneys. Then get ready for the second half push. This is where teams cement their place in the NCAA field or tumble out of the RPI/PWR. I must say that this is a very exciting time of the year. May all your Christmas wishes comes true.

All I want for Christmas is…

1.)Refs that can call the college game like the NHL officials. A penalty in the first period should also be a penalty in the third or overtime.

2.)The shootout to be standard in all regular season, conference and non-conference games in Division one college hockey. Ties are like kissing your sister.

3.)My Fighting Sioux to finally win a WCHA regular season title again.

4.)The WCHA to fire league commissioner Bruce M. McLeod, head of officials Greg Shepherd. While we are at it how about on ice officials Don Adam and Derrick Shepherd.

5.)The NCAA to use more than one angle when reviewing goals on replay.

6.)The Wisconsin Badgers, Minnesota Gophers and the Michigan Wolverines to go 0 for the season. 

7.)For the NCAA Ice Hockey selection committee to adopt the KRACH when selecting the NCAA Field.

8.)The MTU Huskies make the Final Five as long as it isn’t at the expense of the Sioux.

9.) Public announcements when a NCAA on ice official is a disciplined or suspended.

10.) More NCAA hockey games to be on television like the NHL.

Goon’s Top Ten

1.) Notre Dame
2.) Denver
3.)Minnesota
4.)Northeastern
5.)Boston University
6.)Miami
7.)Boston College
8.)Colorado College
9.)Michigan
10.)Vermont

5 comments:

  1. I want a Goon-dog for by my Christmas tree :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Boosh does that mean you want a Lab for your tree? That's my boy and my baby girl... My wife tells me he is smiling because he is goign to get fed. Dakota smiles in every picture. UNLESS, it is a hunting picture. Then he is all business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5.)The NCAA to use more than one angle when reviewing goals on replay.

    Not sure that I agree (or disagree), just wondering why...? The assumption that more information will provide better results may not apply to these guys. Also, how many angles? Eventually we'll be reviewing offsides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 and 10 the reason I want to have another angle is I think goals are missed because of it and another camera would help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see anything other than goals to be reviewed on video. That would slow the game down a lot.

    ReplyDelete