Thursday, December 04, 2008

Weekend Series (Sioux 7)

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving last week. I know I ate my fair share of food, and some teams got a helping of humble pie. Now on to this weeks match-ups.


Minnesota-Duluth (3-4-3) at #5 Colorado College (6-3-1)
The Tigers are looking continue a strong first half of the season. However, CC has cooled off going just 3-3 in their last 6 games, so they would like a sweep to get things headed in the right direction before Christmas. The Bulldogs have one two in row now, could we call them butter, since they be on a roll, lol. Unfortunately Tigers like buttered rolls, so much for the left-overs, the Tiger gobble them up, sweep.


#8 Denver (5-4-1) at Michigan Tech (1-8-1)
The boys from Houghton went the month of November without winning a game. Obviously, they were REALLY in the giving season. If the Huskies want to move out of the doghouse, a sweep at home against the Pioneers would help. DU is currently on a 3 game winning streak, but they were on a 3 game losing skid before that. Being a length trip from Denver to Houghton, I will use that as my excuse for picking a split.


#15 Alaska-Anchorage (4-4-2) at Wisconsin (5-5-2)
The Badgers are 7-1-1 in their last 9 games, if that isn't gobbling up the points, I don't know what is. In that span, they have had shut-out 3 teams and held 2 other teams to only 1 goal, reminds me of the Elliot days, UGH. The Seawolves have to be the biggest happy suprise of the season, being at .500 in December. The UAA fella's have proved that they can play some hockey this year with the "big" teams. I think these teams will still be at .500 after this weekend. SPLIT.


St. Cloud State (3-5-0) away/home #11 Minnesota State (5-3-2)
The Mavericks are on a 4-game unbeaten streak (3-0-1) and look to continue their stampede through the league. The Huskies are on a 2 game skid, but won 5 in a row before that. This is another battle for, dare I say, "outstate Minnesota" their I said it. SCSU as you can see has 4 games in hand on MSUM, so if the Huskies sweep they can be in good shape in the league, but if they get swept, they can still come back. I say the home teams win, SPLITSVILLE.


NON-CONFERENCE

North Dakota (4-5-1) at Harvard
The Sioux are playing what some are calling madly inconsistent, which I would agree, they are 2-2-1 in their last 5 games, and so it goes. If they are depending on their past success in the second half, they are playing with fire, one of these years they are going to get burned. The Crimson have a 4-4-2 overall record, but are win-less in their last 4 games (0-2-2). Harvard has not lost at home and have not won on the road this season. I don't know what to think of this series, so I'll save my own bacon and call it a SPLIT.


#3 Minnesota (6-1-3) is off this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Donn, you chickened out, all splitsville except the Dogs, which will probably win on Friday because C.C. sucks on Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, Michigan Tech is going to blow both games in spectacular (normal now, I guess?) fashion :D

    ReplyDelete