Thursday, November 13, 2008

More on the Jason Blake saga.

Here is a little more on the former Fighting Sioux Jason Blake's on going troubles in Toronto. Jason Blake signed a big contract and has not met expectations of the Toronto Maple Leaf's management or their fans. You have to wonder if Jason's days in Toronto are numbered, and one has to wonder how long before he is traded to another team.
CALGARY–Having been scratched for two games this season, an upset Jason Blake publicly mused about leaving the Maple Leafs.

"Maybe it's not meant for me to be here," Blake said yesterday after a Leaf practice here before the team headed to Edmonton. "It obviously hasn't worked out in the year and 16 games we played here.

"If it's not going to work out ... I know I can play, and I love to play. I'm not going to quit. If it's not here, I don't know."

The 35-year-old Blake is stuck on two goals this season, his second with the Leafs after signing a five-year, $20 million U.S. contract in the summer of 2007. He was the team's key signing that free-agent period, a 40-goal scorer the year before with the New York Islanders.

"I'm glad he's upset," said coach Ron Wilson, who has coached Blake on Team USA. "You don't want a guy to roll over and die. I want him to step on the ice, and play with piss and vinegar, which he hasn't done consistently.

"That's the Jason Blake I've watched, and coached, and haven't seen enough of this year, or last year in reviewing the tape

Holy cow check out some of the comments to this article they are harsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment