Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Linkorama...

Last weekend UND's 3-1 win over UAA was a game of firsts.
There were plenty of firsts to be had last Saturday when North Dakota beat Alaska Anchorage 3-1 in the fourth consecutive weekend split for the Sioux. Sophomores Brad Malone and Matt Frattin each scored for NoDak, snapping a pair of notable droughts in the process. Frattin hadn’t scored in 14 games, while Malone had gone 32 games since last lighting the lamp. There were also special teams milestones, as Malone’s goal was the first shortie of his career, and Frattin’s goal was the first power-play goal of his career.


This could be seen as a play on words Maine's Darling was suspended for a “violation of team rules.” I guess Scott isn't going to be the darling of the Maine Black Bears anymore eh? Actually, Scott Darling has been nothing short of awesome in the net this season for the Black Bears so his absence will probably hurt the Maine Black Bears tonight.

Lets put this feat into perspective it is an understatement to say that the Fighting Sioux hockey players can eat. Joe Finley ate an unprecedented 50 wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. That is a lot of red meat folks.

Jones no light weight himself, can put down 6 soft shells from the Red Pepper. I might have to try that.


This weekend's match up
No. 20 North Dakota @ Minnesota Duluth
Overall Records: UND — 4-6-0 (4-4-0 WCHA). UMD — 4-4-3 (1-4-2 WCHA).
Head-to-Head: UND leads the overall series, 128-70-8.

I find it hard to believe that Gophers Sophomore goalie Alex Kangas has only had one shutout for his college hockey career. Kangas got his first collegiate shutout last Sunday when he beat the real Huskies 3-0.

According to Maverick Hockey Luv super pest and former Purple Cow hockey player John Kalinski will be making his NHL debute against the Buffalo Sabres. Maybe Drew Stafford can welcome him to the NHL?

3 comments:

  1. Goon! First of all, wings r white meat! Second of all, the REAL huskies r in st. Cloud this weekend, not playing the Mavs. Don't piss me off! Third of all, purple cows? Wow, I thought u had more originality then to use the same old shit as everyone else! Your lucky I'm freezing my butt off in Houghton! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dammit goon! I spelled "you're" wrong. Does blogger default to the wrong version on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,
    I was always told they were dark meat, but I digress...

    I think I have the latest version of blogger...

    Amy, Amy, Amy... You're killing me here. Nice to see your still funny as well. I was goofing around with the last couple of linkorama posts and I kind of put the line out to see if anyone would take the bait.

    I guess I caught something eh?

    ReplyDelete