Wednesday, October 01, 2008

WCHA coaches poll.

The much awaited WCHA coaches poll is finally out. Interesting, I actually think Minnesota might be too low. I also think 2-5 could be a crap shoot as well.
38th annual Herald
WCHA coaches poll

1. Colorado College (8) 78
2. UND (2) 67
3. Denver 62
4. (tie) Minnesota 53
4. (tie) Wisconsin 53
6. St. Cloud State 48
7. MSU-Mankato 38
8. Minn.-Duluth 24
9. Michigan Tech 14
10. Alaska-Anchorage 13


Here is how I picked them. I think there is a consensus on the top team and the bottom teams.
1. C.C.
2. Minnesota
3. UND
4. Denver
5. Wisconsin
6. Minnesota State
7. UMD
8. SCSU
9. MTU
10. UAA

3 comments:

  1. Minnesota over ND? Goon, are you softening up? ;-)

    Anyway, it should be a good battle. Minnesota comes with a lot of question marks, but their incoming talent should bring more exciting play than last year's gritty-not-pretty team.

    If Denver can find solid goaltending, they should be a solid team. Also, if they can hold onto that huge sophomore class, they should be tough to beat during the next three seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goon, I'm unimpressed you give the gophers that much credit. Well anyway I'll be following Sioux hockey through you and schloss' blogs.. If you want a fun video to watch check out Oshie in his 1st photo shoot as a Blue:
    http://videos.stltoday.com/p/video?id=2238438

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually,
    I was trying to do a rope a dope. :) Don't Worry I am still not a fan of the Goofs... I think they will struggle with 12 rookies this season.

    ReplyDelete