Thursday, October 23, 2008

Is it better to say nothing at all... Its my drug dealers.

Lets look at this incident more closely: first off, I want to be clear that I do not promote drug use nor will I condone using drugs. I am also not giving anyone a free pass nor am I a Puffy apologist. That being said, this is a perfect situation where you might not want to say anything and get your lawyer to the police station as soon as possible.

Remember do not waive your Miranda rights without first conferring with your attorney.

According to the criminal complaint:

Before the officer could turn on emergency lights, he noticed something that looked like a yellow napkin being thrown out the passenger-side window.

Dubay denied throwing anything out the window. He also said the incident would "ruin his life."

When police retrieved the item about 30 yards behind the vehicle, they found a yellow napkin as well as a plastic baggie with a substance that tested positive for cocaine. It weighed 0.45 grams. Interviewed later by police, Dubay said he was in Maplewood to pay a drug debt of $200. He said he started using crack cocaine last year but had sought treatment. He said he lent his truck to a crack dealer over the weekend and that the dealer left the rock of crack behind. Dubay admitted he threw it out the window when he realized he was getting pulled over. Dubay also admitted a pipe found in the truck was his.

6 comments:

  1. Not the smartest thing in the world to do, but you have to remember Dubay IS from Bemidji.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hope you don't hold that against me? :)
    I am sure he must have moved. I am about the same age has he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee Goon, no offense intended of course. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously, he wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time. Remember it was his pipe and he probably was smoking on that pipe a short while before being picked up. I wish him the best in his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Obviously, he wasn't in the right frame of mind"

    Being from Bemidji?

    ReplyDelete