Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Linkorama: A few things...

First off I was asked who I thought would wear a letter for the fighting Sioux this year and I predict: Ryan Ducnan the "C" with Big Joe Finley and Andrew Kozek will wear the "A" I don't have any inside information just my humble opinion.

A few story lines that some might find interesting (college focused):

Even with the unexpected injury of Erik Johnson the Blues future is looking brighter.
*The Hockey News ranked the Blues' prospects fourth best in the NHL. The Blues have T.J. Oshie is slated as a possible third liner.
They include centre Patrik Berglund, who should make the team as the Blues' No. 2 centre this season behind Andy McDonald; right winger T.J. Oshie, a physical player who has third-line potential this season; centre Lars Eller, a 19-year-old slick playmaking pivot and goalie Ben Bishop, who will probably continue his apprenticeship in the American Hockey League this year.


Former C.C. Tiger star Mark Stuart could be wearing a letter for the Bruin's
* Mark Stuart is playing a mean, rugged game. Stuart exchanged words with Jon Sim. He blasted Jesse Joensuu with a rattling open-ice hit. Certainly looks like a reason why he's wearing an "A" tonight.


Manny Fernandez and Former UNH star Kevin Regan were in the nets for the Bruins when the Bruins defeated the hated Habs 8-3. This is the first action Fernandez has seen since he injured his knee last season.
* Manny Fernandez also made his return, stopping 10 of 12 shots through 40 minutes. Kevin Regan played the third period. Fernandez looked like he was sitting back in his crease instead of challenging shooters. "I want to jump in there and see some action," Fernandez said of the preseason. "I think both teams were a little bit tired. Travel wasn't easy for any of us. But it was a good effort. As far as my playing time, I leave that to the people who make decisions. When I get the nod, I'll go 100 percent. The only thing I can tell you is that I'll work hard in practice, try to get better, and try to get those butterflies away. Every time I get in there, it's like breaking the ice all over again."

No comments:

Post a Comment