Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Interesting question


I saw this over on Puckdaddy and that is the $64,000.00 question. Why is Martin Skoula still a member of the Minnesota Wild. I am sure many Wild fans like myself are asking the same question, how did this guy make it through the offseason? It has me scratching my head. Think of the salary cap they could free up by giving Skoula his walking papers, maybe the Wild could get another experienced center ice man.

Any one who watched the Wild last season knows that Martin Skoula is brutal on defense, just go over to youtube and I am sure you can find a few of his documented blunders. Also, Skoula is being is being paid a lot of money to add little in the way of offensive points and isn't very good on the blue line. Lets just say Skoula is pylon and is a defensive liability on a defensive minded team, that shouldn't bode well for him.



Minnesota Wild - Why is Martin Skoula on our roster?

Not sound harsh or anything, but Skoula was a -16 in the regular season last year and hasn't had more than 16 points since 2002-2003.

Sure, there are other questions that could be asked here. But every time I watch a Wild game, I chuckle when this guy is on the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment