Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Former SCSU star Mark Parrish waived by Wild


Mark Parrish was on P.A. and Dubay today discussing his getting waived by the Minnesota Wild yesterday, which in my opinion makes him a stand up guy. Mark didn't have to come on the show and discuss his being waived, it would be painful to do.

After listening to the conversation between Paul Allen and Parrish it makes me wonder if the Jacques Lemaire act is getting stale and it is time for a house cleaning in the Wild organization. My first move if I was the owner would be to get rid of general manager Doug Risebrough like Lemaire his act has become stale and he has done a horrible job maintaining the Wild roster this off season.

While in a previous blog post I has said that Parrish was making a lot of money and not performing to the level of his compensation, I do believe there are other players on the Wild squad that should sent down the road before Parrish, Kim Johnsson and Martin Skoula would have been my first two choices.

WILD BUY OUT THE LAST THREE YEARS OF PARRISH'S CONTRACT

The Minnesota Wild have bought out the contract of veteran forward Mark Parrish.

Minnesota general manager Doug Risebrough said Parrish was simply a victim of the NHL's salary cap. Parrish who had three-years left on his contract is now an unrestricted free agent.

"I had to just look at certain scenarios, including his salary versus his performance," Risebrough told THE CANADIAN PRESS. "I just felt like this is an opportunity to buy somebody out and let the player move on and the team move on."

Parrish scored 35 goals in two seasons with Minnesota, including just 16 in 66 games this past season.

"I can't say it didn't work," said Risebrough. "The unfortunate thing is when you have a big signing like that, people are looking at big production. But the team was successful, and Mark was a part of that. We won a division title and Mark was a part of that."

No comments:

Post a Comment