Sunday, July 27, 2008

Catching up after a long weekend.

I traveled to Lake City, Minnesota to play in a golf tourney at the Lake City golf course this past weekend. I am beat, after 386 miles and 6 hours of driving in the car I am now finally getting back to my computer after being off line since last Thursday @0800. I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms of not having my lap top computer for three and half days, I also didn't watch any news or read any newspapers. After this weekend we can declare that the summer is officially almost over and I am also ready to put the clubs away for the season already. Hockey season couldn't come fast enough.

I must say the golf tourney was fun, however, it was also a very humbling experience, needless to say I did not play very well at all and I carded my first 11 in about 7 years. I had the distinct honor of having the 4th highest score on the golf course for Saturday. I didn't do much better today.

I realized that golfing at Kings Walk in Grand Forks, ND does not prepare you for playing on courses that are line with trees. Also putting at Kings Walk is not the same, the greens are basically flat compared to this course there wasn't a flat spot on any of the greens. Can we say 4 putt? Make that multiple times.

The Lake City Golf Course is lined with a lot of hardwood trees, should we say big oak trees that stop your ball dead in its tracks when you hit a ball into them. I would not be lying if I said that I don't like trees on golf courses, give me a sand trap and tall fescue any day. I hope a big wind storm comes through and knocks a few of these big trees down before I come play the next Lake City Invitational.

Lessons Learned

I learned that some golf courses do not allow you to muscle the ball around the golf course, a smart game strategy is needed. I learned that stuborness and pride do not always work and there is a time and a place for the smart play. This would mean the decision of using your 5 iron is a better option than trying to ram a driver down a tight fairway, can we say double or triple bogey. Chalk one up for the golf course.

Wild sign Bouchard to 5-year extension


While I was gone on my three day vacation the Minnesota Wild signed perimeter player Pierre-Marc Bouchard to a healthy five year contract; I think that Bouchard is going to be over paid in my opinion, I just don't think he is worth 4 million dollars a year. Bochard is a soft player that will not go into the dirty areas to score goals and get most of his posts playing on the perimeter.

The part that irks me is that basically the Wild GM Doug Risebrough say PBM is worth more money than Brian Rolston, what ever. This club is going no where this season and will be hard pressed to make the playoffs. Welcome to mediocrity, I wonder how long the 18,000+ fans will put up with this?

Boston buys out Murray's contract

The Glen Murray's era is over in Boston. This is no shocker as the Bruins are over the cap and need cap room.

Tortorella to interview with Islanders: report

It is confirmed that John Tortorella is going to meet with general manager Garth Snow on Sunday to discuss the team's head coaching vacancy, according to a Newsday report on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment