Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Tiger Bashes Hockey.


Yesterday Tiger took a shot at the sport of hockey and basically said that no one watches the sport and no one cars about hockey. Way to endure yourself to the hockey fans. I have to admit that I am a big time Tiger Woods fan I am miffed at his comments. Also, his comments make him look like a pompous elitist out of touch jerk. Many hockey players of all levels are also golfers and fans of this great sport. So whats up with that?





Tiger Woods scoffs at Stanley Cup final:
Woods, the world's No. 1 golfer, told reporters Monday that he had no preference when it comes to who captures the Stanley Cup, the Detroit Red Wings or Pittsburgh Penguins.

"I don't really care," he said. "Let's talk about the Dodgers.

"I don't think anybody really watches hockey any more."


Here was an interesting take I found on the subject from Taking one for the team.
Quite a bold stance from a guy who is about as PC as they come. This is a bit surprising to me that he would say that considering a lot of hockey players are big into golf. Then again, Tiger is a big a-hole so I doubt any of them hang with him. Except for maybe Sean Avery.

I could go on and on here about what a jerk Tiger (and seriously, you're a grown man, do we really need to call you Tiger?) is, but I'm not going to waste my time. Woods has probably never seen a hockey game in his life and should really just keep his mouth shut on this topic. Stick to complaining about people making noises on the course and bossing around your caddy Tiger. Leave all the talk about real sports to the people who have a clue.

And for the record, the only person I know who watches golf is my dad, and only because it's "good to sleep through".


Personally, I love to watch golf because it is a nice way to relax on a Sunday afternoon, I also love the sport of golf, however, I could see why some people would not want to watch a bunch of spoiled social elites playing on the top courses in the USA and in the World. The same courses that most of us would love to play can't afford or would not be allowed to play on because of our lowly social status. I would love to have a crack at 18 holes on Augusta National. The Superintendent would probably have a heart attack. There would probably be a wake of beer cans and fowl language. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment