Thursday, May 29, 2008

Michel Therrien calls Osgood a diver.

If you watch the video you will see the Osgood dive at the beginning. That was a blatant dive and should get an Emmy for his acting job. I think the Penguins coach has a point Osgood has done a lot of diving during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I think from watching the playoffs this spring I would come to the same conclusion; it is a valid point, however, one could also make the same argument about Sidney Crosby. Frankly, well the opposition has. The Rangers made some of the same complaints, they said the officials were not letting the Rangers hit Crosby and that Crosby was diving all over the ice.

Now let’s be serious. Make no mistake about it, Chris Osgood is a decent goaltender, he is definitely not the all world goalie that Patrick Roy was, but no many are, but Osgood does have a Stanley Cup on his resume. Lets be honest; Osgood has flailed around on the ice and acted like a spoiled cry baby during the playoffs. In fact I have lost some respect for him because of his antics.

Just for the Record

I have held UND goalies to the same standard that I am holding Osgood to. I hate diving and I believe diving cheapens the game of hockey. I held Jean-Phillippe Lamoureux to account as well.
Make no mistake about it, there is no doubt that Jean-Phillippe Lamoureux has played good this season, the numbers speak for themselves 1.88 GAA and a .932 save % but I am getting tired of watching these embellishments with each minor bump he receives from the opposition. Frankly, the jig is up the refs are watching you, and you were called on it this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. If you've truly lost respect for Osgood because of his antics then you better feel the same way about Lamoureux if you want any credibility at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phish if you read my blog you will know there were times I have said that Lammy was a diver. Good goalies but I was less than pleased with his diving.

    So, yes I do not fan of divers. Sid is a diver as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phish I posted one of examples of this on the blog post.

    ReplyDelete