Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Misc Ramblings.

I have finally landed back in Grand Forks last night waking up in my own bed after being gone since last Wednesday (well except for one night on Sunday). I had to go to Duluth Monday to take my daughter to the doctor at the Duluth Clinic and thank god for vehicle warranty plans. You know that light in your vehicle that comes on and says service engine soon, ah they mean nothing. I have heard about people that actually put tape over them so they don’t have to look at them. One of my buddies has been driving around for like 25,000 miles with his service engine light on. Well my wife would have nothing to do with playing the odds. Mrs. Goon said, “You’re getting it checked out before we leave Duluth.” I guess the thought of being stranded along highway 2 didn’t seem like an attractive offer to Mrs Goon. So I find out that my engine cooling fan was going and it would have been like $900.00 dollars if I hadn’t bought the service plan. My price after deduct able was $100.00, sweet. Thank you Luther Chevy…

One could say this past weekend was quite a trip. I was able to meet so many of the WCHA bloggers that I chat with on-line. It was interesting because you are able to finally put a face to some of the bloggers names as well. Unfortunately there will be no pictures. This is to protect the guilty. LOL…

This is who I met this past weekend in no particular order: Amy from Lets Go Mavs, Heather from Win-Twins, Beth aka MeanEgirl (wasn’t there a movie with Mean girls or something like that?) from the Michigan Tech Hockey Blog and Donna from RWD’s and her husband A.J.; I also had the opportunity to briefly meet the legend Fire Helmet guy.

Here is an interesting post that I found on USCHO.COM. First off anything can happen in a one and done tourney, lose and you go home. I am not sure why people think the Sioux can't beat DU. First off DU has to get by Wisconsin. This view is sumed up well by:
SiouxFanatic
It's kind of funny. Since the loss to Denver in the Final Five many people have deemed the Sioux's post-season doomed saying we don't have a chance if we get around Princeton and have to play Denver in the regional final. I'm not at all convinced that Denver isn't beatable. Honestly, I think Wisconsin is going to give them a very good run for their money in the semifinal game.

I think Denver is a good team but I think if the Sioux have the chance to play them again I think it'll be a whole different game than what we saw at the Final Five.


So if the Sioux get past Princeton; Good luck watching the game on Sunday evening. Apparently ESPNU is not very available if you have midco.

The Sunday game is being broadcast exclusively by ESPNU, and the Fighting Sioux Sports Network has been unsuccessful in its attempts to obtain rights for the game.

ESPNU is not available on Midcontinent Communications, the major cable carrier in this area. But it is available on DirecTV (Channel 609) and Dish Network (Channel 148).

Several local food and beverage establishments with satellite dishes plan to carry the game.

I have been calling Midcontinent for years about them carrying ESPNU in their digital cable line up and they basically said that they don't intend on carrying the channel because they would lose money or it's not profitable for them to carry it. Apparently ESPN channels are expensive to carry. What we should do is swamp the lines and threaten to swtich to DirecTV.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, FHG is a legend all right... in his own mind.

    ReplyDelete