Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Cam Bam Neely, one cool tribute

Cam Neely in my opinion was one of the best right wings to ever play the game of hockey, when he retired he left a void in a lot of Boston Bruins fan's heart. Cam Neely's career was cut short by a dirty leg check by the Dirty Swede and turtle Ulfie Samuelsson.

I still remember the day Cam retired from the NHL. It feels like it was yesterday and it still makes me sad today to think what Cam Neely could have become if his hockey career not have been cut short by a bush-league knee on knee leg check. Who knows; maybe the Bruins would have traded him away like all the other stars.

But I digress; fast forward to this season. I hear people say, “oh that player over reacted, it was only a leg check.” Only a leg check, watch the video and see what a knee on knee leg check can do to a hockey player. Play the game straight up or don’t play at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment