Saturday, March 29, 2008

BADgers 6 Pioneers 2




I said this earlier today: (I hope you know it was tongue in cheek?)
Not many have made the NCAA tourney with a losing record. Personally; I don't have anything against the BADgers other than they are our heated rival in fact I hate Denver more, but there is no way I see them beating the Pioneers today. I think they are in over their head. I also believe that Wisconsin has no chance of winning this game. Hey! Prove me wrong.

While I am happy the Pioneers were beat tonight, I still have night mares of them winning the national title against the Sioux in the 2005 title game, however, I am also not that crazy about the prospects of the Fighting Sioux having to play the red menace along with 15,000 BADgers fans cheering their team on. I think it would be nice to have the Fighting Sioux play the BADgers in a nice quite regional with no one cheering; say like the one in Colorado Springs or Albany, NY.

This sounds like a bad dream to me. Alright, lets Go Fighting Sioux beat the dirty BADgers. Lets send Kyle Turris to the NHL where the Great one has a contract waiting for him.

The BADgers proved me wrong as they beat the DU Pioneers 6-2. Color me surprised because I thought after losing to SCSU the BADgers were done, boy was I wrong.

8 comments:

  1. Well Goon it was nice to take the 11-1-2 Denver record at the Kohl Center and blemish it a little more. The great thing on following the "no goal" game UW followed it up with 7-2, and 6-2 thrashings of Manninno and the Pios

    Here is hoping for a great game tomorrow night (considering the last time the sioux was in town and the way it ended it should not be a problem) but I must say that as a badger I hope the sioux play like they did vs. Princeton.

    Either way I look at it fun will be had in the Mile High City watching the Sioux try to win a semifinal or the Badgers trying to become Back Door Badgers again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back door Badgers that has an interesting ring to it. LOL... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEWWWW!

    My bracket is so f-ed up. What is going on in the hockey universe??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather it's ok if you say it I actually bet some money but I am not doing really well. I picked the Michigan, and if B.C. and UND win I will be doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am waiting for NIN to check in. I am sure she will be serving me some crow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've check in, just really nothing to say. I figure the Badgers won't make it out of the regional, but it was really a craps shoot with Denver. I don't expect WI to go down without a fight, but I am expecting them to go down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....great first line I put in there.....I've CHECKED in, just really HAVE nothing to say. Go me with putting together a few easy words.

    BTW...I figured with all the Denver people already looking at the Championship game they might not fair too well. You have to prepare for each team, no matter if you think they are good or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My master plan worked but I am not sure I am all that thrilled with tomorrow's match up. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete