Saturday, February 16, 2008

UND 5 and DU 4

UND dug themselves a hole before the Fighting Sioux scored 4 unanswered goals to win the game 5-4. Andrew Kozek had a career game as he scored a hat trick as the Sioux came from behind to win the game.


First Period

Denver-1 Anthony Maiani (Brian Gifford, Dustin Jackson) PPG 13:29
North Dakota-1 Andrew Kozek (Chay Genoway) PPG 16:00

Second Period

Denver-2 Jesse Martin (Kyle Ostrow) 0:56
Denver-3 Tom May (Tyler Bozak, Patrick Mullen) 2:27
Denver-4 Matt Glasser (Brian Gifford) 8:09
North Dakota-2 Chay Genoway (Ryan Duncan, Ryan Martens) 19:00
North Dakota-3 Ryan Duncan (Andrew Kozek) 19:33

Third Period

North Dakota-4 Andrew Kozek (Ryan Duncan) 10:58
North Dakota-5 Andrew Kozek (T.J. Oshie, Ryan Duncan) GWG 15:15
Goaltender Saves
Denver-1 Peter Mannino (59:42 L) 7 9 5 21 (5 GA)
North Dakota-1 Jean-Philippe Lamoureux (60:00 W) 3 5 6 14 (4 GA)

Referee(s): Marco Hunt
Asst. Referee(s): Nathan Freeman, Kile Bergren

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't call it the best game I've ever seen cause of the 2nd, but with out a doubt one of the best. This is one game I can say I never did feel the team was out of it, probably cause of their stellar play in the first

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end of the second UND scored two goasl to bring it to 4-3 I thought maybe we can, I think the week off had UND off their game. Then the Sioux scored the tieing goal and I was pumped.

    I found out it was pretty hard to throw your hat on the ice from the upper deck. LOL...

    ReplyDelete