Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Troy Jutting makes an appearance on CSTV's at the Rinks



I think Troy Jutting is a good coach and is doing one hell of a job coaching the Minnesota State Univeristy Mavericks. While I am sure there are some Mankato Mavericks fans that will disagree with me I think Jutting has done a good job recruiting and coaching in the shadow of the University of Minnesota. It wasn't that long ago Mankato was transitioning from a Division II powerhouse to a legitimate division one team.

I can remember watching MSU-M and BSU play in the John S. Glas Field House for the first time as a Division one team. Now Jutting has the team on the cusp of a NCAA tourney bid. Troy Juttings team play a hard nosed style of play that I admire. I just hope my Sioux don't have to play them until the Final Five.

Here is a question that was posed to Coach Jutting from a North Dakota Mavericks fan. Hum, I wonder who he is? I wonder if I know him.
Mav's fan, ND: Coach, Would you say that your team play this year will get some of the nay sayers off your back?
Troy Jutting: I don't know. To be honest, I don't worry about that. I put far greater pressure on myself than anybody else can. I try to do the job best that I can. Everybody wants to be an expert, and there are a lot of people who have great ideas. I just want to do the best job that I can.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you actually called yourself "Mav's fan"!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, ha...
    Hey I am a hockey fan I can appreciate the various teams in the league. I would never under any circumstances say I like the goofs.

    ReplyDelete