Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Commodore trade.

Here are a couple of interesting articles that I found about the Mike commodore trade. I am kind of torn because I really liked the Hurricanes and I enjoyed their exciting run through to the Stanley Cup finals Also as a Fighting Sioux fan I loved watching Commodore winning the Stanley Cup. Also, one of the major reasons that I liked the Hurricanes was the fact that former WCHA stars Mike Commodore, Brent Heican and Matt Cullen played for canes. I can't cheer for the Ottawa Senators, it is like selling your soul to the devil. I know it is a business and the Canes are floundering so I am sure it had to be done.

As we found the out the Carolina GM wasn't messing around.
As Eric McErlain reported last month, Carolina GM Jim Rutherford expressed regret in a radio interview that he had kept so many players from the Hurricanes' Cup team together, and threatened to shake the Canes out of their season-long "underachieving" by dealing away "popular players." Well, today Carolina has traded defenseman Mike Commodore -- arguably the fans' most cherished player, maybe even more than Eric Staal -- and forward Cory Stillman to Ottawa in exchange for defenseman Joe Corvo and forward Patrick Eaves.


The Cason Blog looks at the Mike Commodore trade
Thank you Mike Commodore. You really grew up as a Cane. The Flames showed you no love, but you found it in droves as a Hurricane. You are truly a bigger-than-life guy. The Ottawa clubhouse just got a lot more fun. I wish you were heading to the Russian Super Secluded Siberian League. I sense pain on the horizon for many a Cane forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment