Friday, January 11, 2008

Sioux beat MTU 4-1

Tonight the Fighting Sioux played well and got the win against a hard working hockey team. MTU is a big skilled team back stopped by two great goaltenderss that plays a strong defensive game I think they are the best in the WCHA. For the half of the game this was a boring hockey game and picked up the second half of the game.

The Sioux beat the MTU Huskies to the puck all night and did the things they have to do to be successful, go into the dirty areas and get the puck. The Sioux played with that edge that I saw against Wisconsin Badgers and the Fighting Sioxu also played great team defense limiting the Huskies to 15 shots. One could say that they took a page out of MTU's book. I look forward to reading how UND is a bunch of hacks that, to me that means the Fighting Sioux played their game tonight.

Goon's three stars of the game
1.) Evan Trupp
2.) Chris VandeVelde
3.) Big Joe Finley

Box Score

First Period

North Dakota-1 Evan Trupp (Matt Frattin, Jake Marto) 17:10

Second Period

Michigan Tech-1 Peter Rouleau (Deron Cousens, Drew Dobson) 0:46
North Dakota-2 Joe Finley (Chay Genoway, Chris VandeVelde) GWG 10:53
North Dakota-3 Matt Watkins (Taylor Chorney, Chris VandeVelde) 11:50

Third Period

North Dakota-4 Taylor Chorney (T.J. Oshie, Ryan Duncan) PPG 1:24
Goaltender Saves
Michigan Tech-1 Rob Nolan (60:00 L) 9 3 11 23 (4 GA)
North Dakota-1 Jean-Philippe Lamoureux (59:46 W) 6 1 7 14 (1 GA)

Referee(s): Jon Campion (wouldn't you know it)
Asst. Referee(s): Nathan Freeman, Kile Bergren

Links for the Series

Mining Gazette

Tech Hockey Blog

Boosh Factor

11 comments:

  1. Boo.

    Leave it to Michigan Tech to allow you to get out of your stupid splitting streak.

    I hate hockey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pushed the butto too fast.
    Good win by the Huskies. I am predicting the sweep and it will be fun to watch the implosion in MPLS this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boosh I am just the opposite I hate work and love hockey.

    I am sure UND will not disappoint tomorrow night and there will be another split.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when I hit the butto too fast! :) Okay win by the Huskies tonight - did they deserve it? Maybe....

    Isn't the UND deal to win at home on Fridays and lose on Saturdays?? It's away that they lose on Fridays and win on Saturdays!! It could still pan out Boosh!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh, when the primary focus of this blog is playing a team mascotted by the Husky, you should specify St. Cloud for those of us who are slower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! Sorry!! I was responding to Goon's other comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,
    I cheer for the Sioux and who ever are playing the Goofs. I think it is going to be a long winter for the Gophers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew what you were talking about and you knew what you were talking about, but Boosh did not!!

    I also know you "love" the Huskies ... of SCSU that is! :) How can you not love them??

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'and you knew what you were talking about, but Boosh did not!!'

    That's why I said you have to specify for those of use who are slow ;)

    ReplyDelete