Sunday, December 09, 2007

The aftermath of the weekend.

Herald Picture
The way I figure the Fighting Sioux should be rested after this weekend series with the Minnesota Gophers. In fact; if my math is right, I figure that out of 120 minutes of hockey the Fighting Sioux gave what I consider a grade A effort for 26 1/2minutes. Enough of the first half slow starts, its time for some leaders to take the bull by the horn and win. Enough excuses.

~After re-watching the Saturday night game thanks to DVR, it is hard to tell if the second goal against UND should have counted. It would appear that the Gophers were offsides, but even after rewinding the tape numberous few times its really hard to see who the puck bounced off of, it was a bang, bang play. If you watch the play from my television it does appear that call was blown, of course Gopher fans are going to say differently.

~The refs made the right call in not giving Lammy a penalty on the so called kick, however, in listening to Mazzocco you would have thought the kick was as bad as the Erik Westrum kicking incident from a few years back. Not even close! While it was a bush league move on Phil's part, it didn't warrant any more than possibly a two minute minor.

~I was wondering why FSN doesn't just give Frank Mazzocco a set of pompoms. That guy is the biggest cheer leader and has not one bone of objectivity in his body. I think FSN would be better if they had less Frank and more Woog. Woog I find amusing but Frank is a pompous in your face jerk.

3 comments:

  1. Great pic of Lammy. See why I always call him a drama queen?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! Both Woog AND Mazzacco suck, big time! They are the biggest pair of buffoons I've ever had the misfortune to listen to (which is why I lovingly refer to them as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle DUMB). Most of the time, I just mute the TV because I can't stand it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, but our defense sort of left Lammy out to dry a few times this game, to many 2-on-1's.

    That goes to VandeVelde's comment, that he said we took two periods off on Saturday's game. He forgot to mention the other two they took off on Friday night as well.

    The bright point to all of this is, if the Sioux play a full 60 minutes they should beat up just about everyone.

    On a side note, did you see that AA took 3/4 pts from UMD? Is AA coming on, or is UMD faltering?

    ReplyDelete