Monday, November 12, 2007

Pollsters Show Love for the Dub. (Sioux 7)

In this weeks, Nov. 12, 2007 USCHO poll, the WCHA has 8 teams in the top 20.
The W has 80% of their teams ranked, I wonder if any other conference has had that distinction? (Little help from the C and HE) The only teams not ranked are MSU-Mankato and Alaska-Anchorage (AA is listed under "others receiving votes").

#4 - Denver
#5 - North Dakota
#7 - Colorado College
#9 - Wisconsin
#12 - Minnesota
#13 - St. Cloud State
#17 - UM-Duluth
#18 - Michigan Tech

I would like to believe that would give claim, at this time, to call the W the best league, top to bottom, in the country. The WCHA's non-conference record as a whole is 22-5-4 (.774) the break down by conference is:

vs AHA 1-0-1
vs CCHA 10-3-1
vs CHA 7-0-0
vs ECAC 1-0-0
vs HE 3-2-2

I know it is still early in the season, but we are over a month into it, so it isn't like a pre-season poll. Which by the way me pre-season poll looks a little topsy-turvy right now, but give me/them time...

1 comment:

  1. I totally disagree with everything on this blog.....just kidding buddy. Great blog, I am officially a fan!

    Mike Moody

    ReplyDelete