Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Last of the Sioux Free Agents Signed.

The List of Fighting Sioux UFA's

Matt Jones Phoenix Coyotes Re-signed with the Coyotes
Jason Blake NY Islanders Signed with Toronto
Matt Greene Resigned with the Edmonton Oilers
Zach Parise New Jersey Devils re-signs with New Jersey
David Hale Re-signed with the Calgary Flames
Brandon Bochenski Re-signed with the Boston Bruins

Zach's contract

Zach Parise signed a 4 year, $12.5 million contract with the New Jersey Devils on August 1st. Now I am not saying that 12.5 million dollars is chump change because it is not, however, I actually kind of shocked because I thought his contract would have been more money based on the season he had this past year Parise had 31 goals and 31 assists.

5 comments:

  1. Parise's big payoff will come when this new 4 year contract is up. He'll get big free agent offers then and NJ won't be in the bidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, so Greener resigned with the Oilers? What's up next for him? Where will he continue his suck?

    I guess if he is no longer playing for the Oilers, I can take them off of my hate list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mEg I take it you don't like Matt Greene in my opinion one of the most rugged defenders to play for the Fighting Sioux in years...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's no secret that I'm a Matt Greene hater.

    I also find it funny that former THB'er Boosh recently bought himself an Greene Oilers jersey. HAHA! Idiot, I told him not to do it. :P The more I hated Greene, the more he loved him. Now I laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dammit, goon! When I read the bit on Greene, I read what I wanted to read... which is "resign" ... not "RE-SIGN" ... That dash makes a world of difference. I so misinterpreted what you really meant. I'm sad now.

    But, ftr, Boosh is still a moron for buying a Greene jersey. :)

    ReplyDelete