Sunday, July 08, 2007

Toews Impresses

Al Cimaglia Gives Toews some Love

I found this article on Hockeybuzz.com seems that Jonathan Toews is wooing the on lookers in Chicago with his effort during the prospects camp. If Toews goes to Chicago and makes the team out of camp and has a solid season his leaving won't be as
hard to stomach.

I went to watch the prospects scrimmage at the Edge yesterday. Not everyone participates in every scrimmage, so no Blunden, Bolland, Brouwer, and Burish for me to watch. It is a grueling daily routine for these young guys as they drill in the morning and then do a full 2 period scrimmage and then conclude with a shootout in the early afternoon.

If Toews winds up not being a true standout player, I will never spend another minute of my time trying to evaluate and figure out the future potential of young prospects. He is a load on his skates and will only get stronger. I stood right on the goal line and watched him in the post-game shootout. He made about four moves in a space of 24 inches and tucked the puck in for a goal. To be honest I still don’t know how he could have gotten the puck across the line, there are appeared to be no space. The only worry for him this year will be that of injury, and maybe fatigue later on in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment