Thursday, May 24, 2007

Goon's Prediction Ducks in 6




Wrong Again:
First off I believe that this years Stanley Cup Playoffs have been kind of uneventfull, they are no where near as exciting as the last two Stanley Cup Finals. I also didn't do very well picking the games up to this point. First I jinxed the Buffalo Sabres by predicting they would win the Cup, as we all know that prediction came crashing down last week as the Sabres were closed out by the Senators. I also thought that the Devils were going to beat the Senators. In fact none of the teams that I wanted to win in this seasons Stanley Cup playoffs have made it as far as I thought. If I picked a team to win they lost. I picked Dallas over Vancover, the Wild over the Ducks and I predicted Buffalo over the Senators. I also predicted that there would be another UND fighting Sioux hockey player to have his name engraved on the Stanley Cup, wrong gong.

Ducks in 6 games

I believe the Ducks are going to win the series in 6 games. The Ducks have better goaltending Giguere is a much better goalie than Ray Emery. and I don't believe the Sens defensive pairs are as dynamic duo of Scott Niedermayer and Chris Pronger. Also look for game one to be a slug feast as I expect Chris Neil and George Paros to face off at center ice.

College Flavor to this Series

As Sioux 7 had mentioned in another post, this series will feature many players that played in the WCHA and or college hockey. This really does prove how the NCAA has come a long way in producing top players in the NHL.

Danny Heatley (Ott)- Wisconsin
Ryan Getzlaf (Ana)- St. Cloud St.
Mark Hartigan (Ana)- St. Cloud St.
Tom Preissing (Ott)-Colorado Coll.
Ryan Carter (Ana)- Mankato State
Ben Eaves (Ott) - Dirty B.C. Eagles
Mike Comrie (Ott) - Michigan
Dustin Penner (Ana)- Maine and also played hockey at Bottineau, ND.

Chelios a Classless hack?

Apparently Chris Chelios failed to shake the ducks players hands after his team lost the game and the series to the Ducks.

Doug Stolhand Weighs in on the issueChris Chelios. He plays the game rough and is a warrior on the ice, no doubt about it. I've never liked him but then again he's never played for the Ducks so why would I? He's one of those guys that you love if he's on your team but can't stand if he's not.

In 2003 the Ducks swept the Red Wings in the first round of the playoffs and much was made around Orange County about Chris Chelios not going through the handshake line after the series was over. Well, I kept an eye on the man that has been playing in the NHL for longer than Corey Perry or Ryan Getzlaf have been alive and sure enough he did not go through the handshake line this year, either. I am not sure if this is something he always does regardless of opponent but it shows a lack of class. I asked some fellow media members if Chelios shakes hands after the Red Wings win a series and they said yes. That being the case I can officially say that Chris Chelios is like school in the summertime - no class.


Here is what Teemu Selanne had to say about it:

"It shows what kind of guy he is. When you have success it's easy to be the good guy but when (bad) things happen and you do that kind of stuff, like the Minnesota guys, that's...you can make your own opinion. I don't really care but I would like to say 'Have a good summer.'"


Looks like the Ducks players are still playing their first round match up against the Wild. Hey Teemu shut the hell up about the Wild Series.

5 comments:

  1. Chelios has no-class.

    I can see now why he was a Wisconsin Badger and not a Fighting Sioux. UND only recruits the nicest, finest young hockey talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I have another great post coming soon. You will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mighty Thugs of Anaheim officially can not get over the fact of Boogie wanting to kick their ass in the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I agree, its like I used to like Teemu until he turned into a cry baby that he is now.

    ReplyDelete