Saturday, April 07, 2007

Backus and Ballard square off


Looks like David Backus is going to get to be getting a Christmas card from Keith Ballard. Lets Go Mav's is going to love this one. All in all it was a really good scrap. From watching both players when they played in the WCHA I can tell you that they are both very tough hockey players. This is also in my opinion is a perfect example of a good fight. As far as I can see It wasn't stagged and it was a result of spirited play that was decided on the ice.

3 comments:

  1. Nice fight by Backes. He's a good sized kid, but I don't expect him to fight much. Obviously he was a little torked off at Ballard. LOVE how he whipped his helmet off and threw up the fists. I have wusses who leave their helmets on. If you're going to fight..then take it off and fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be something they teach down in Mankato. LOL, good for him. I always wished someone would have done it to Ballard when he played against the Sioux. That playoff game in 2002 Ballard pulled the jersey over a Sioux player and then the Goofers went down the ice and scored. Season over Fighting Sioux.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, a lot of the Mavs can get scrappy but Backes wasn't one of them. He uses his body like he's supposed to and handles the puck great...delivers good hits, but wasn't one to drop the gloves. Probably cuz we've always had other guys on the team doing that while he was playing.

    All I know is he's a big, strong kid...so I don't think I would want to fight him any time soon!

    ReplyDelete