Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Defections continue. Jack Johnson Signing with LA Kings

Jack Johnson the next to go

I found this when I was reading the Michigan Daily. Apparently the Los Angles Kings Will are in the process of signing their top prospectJack Johnson There is nothing on NHL.Com as of right now there hasn't been an official press release but I am sure there will be something announced tonight or tomorrow.


Sophomore will play for L.A. Kings Tuesday
By Amber Colvin, Daily Sports Editor
3/23/07

DENVER, March 25 - Michigan star defenseman Jack Johnson is negotiating a contract with the Los Angeles Kings today, ending speculation of whether the sophomore would forgo his two remaining years of eligibility.

Johnson confirmed his departure in an exclusive interview with The Michigan Daily this afternoon.

"I thought I was ready for a new challenge," Johnson said. "With all my close friends, the seniors, gone now and everything, I thought it was time for me to pretty much go for a new challenge."

Following Michigan's 8-5 loss to North Dakota Saturday night in the NCAA West Regional semifinals in Denver, the team flew back to Ann Arbor, but Johnson and his family stayed behind. Johnson's agent, Pat Brisson, and Kings general manager Dean Lombardi worked out the details of the contract.

"I'll be flying from Denver to Los Angeles," Johnson said. "Every thing's done except for they're negotiating bonuses."

No comments:

Post a Comment