Saturday, September 02, 2006

Goon's Ramblings 9-02-06.



Minnesota is Being Invaded
While Camping at Itasca State Park this past June I saw a camper parked in the camp ground that caught my eye. Of course my evil and demented mind thought of many things. Here is my conclusion. Minnesota is being invaded. Look closer the liscense plate is from Florida. Does that make them a Red Neck Badger?

The New Fighting Sue

The New Fighting Sue
I purchased this shirt on line. These shirts are from a Sioux fan that is also a little tweaked, miffed, flabbergasted and pissed off at the NCAA Nazis and their ridiculous stand against the Fighting Sioux name. I think UND should wear the Fighting Sue logo to the NCAA hockey playoffs next spring. I would love to see Miles Brand’s response to that.

Here is the problem, while it would be ok to wear a Central Michigan University Chippewa jersey or for the Florida State University Seminole's Mascot (a white guy) to ride a horse into the Alerus Center and throw a flaming spear into the turf at mid field. The NCAA has also deemed that the Fighting Sioux logo not welcome at NCAA playoff events. Where is the logic? That’s liberal education to the nth degree. Back to the shirt my wife hates this shirt, I guess she doesn’t see the humor in it. Also, for the other blogger’s out there, I suppose that this article could be construed as objectionable, I am sure it will offend someone. Personally I hope it does. Objectionable-I am offended by the NCAA stand on the Fighting Sioux name.
Web Link To Fighting Sue Web Page
Shirt

5 comments:

  1. Goon, what exactly does the shirt say? I don't know how to read.

    And those people with the Badger thing are probably like 100,000 years old. I guarantee you they're not originally from Florida.
    My grandparents drive a car that is roughly the size of my living room, and though it doesn't have a Dogs sticker (yet), it would seem weird with their Florida license plate.

    Hmm... possible Christmas gift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirt says the new fighting Sue, I got it on line from a Sioux fan that is not happy with the NCAA either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I thought it said something other than that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could so knock that Sue chick out with a sharp right hook. She's totally left herself open for it. Ba Da Bing!!

    ReplyDelete