Thursday, April 06, 2006

Goon's World Exclusive: Dakota's prediction for the Frozen Four.


Goon’s World Exclusive
Goon’s World sat down with Dakota Hunter to hear his picks for the Frozen Four in Milwaukee Wisconsin.

GW: Tell hockey fans a little about yourself?
Dakota I am Yellow Lab and I was born at Windsor Kennels in Crookston Minnesota in November of 2003 Windsor Kennels that is owned by Chris Boeger, he was also my trainer.
GW: Are you a hunter?
Dakota Yes, for sure, I love Hunting Pheasants, Duck, Geese and Sharpies. I would hunt 24/7 365 days a year.
GW: What kind of hunting do you prefer?
Dakota Pheasants for sure they are much more fun to retrieve they put up a pretty good fight and I can run around a lot. Duck hunting is fun if they are landing in the decoys but I hate sitting for long periods of time.
GW: Is the Goon a good shot?
Dakota Goon isn’t too of a shot bad and he has a fair number of misses last season but he did shoot a lot of ducks last year, however, I did hear a lot of no bird calls last season. His brother Chad is pretty decent too, but I spend a lot of time racing Doak for downed birds.
GW: Now to the Hockey. Who do you like in the final game of the Frozen Four?
Dakota I like the Fighting Sioux hockey team, I watch them a lot with Goon when the Sioux are on the road. They are peaking at the right time and their defense is mean and nasty. The offense is clicking on all cylinders and I like the way the Sioux cycle the puck and keep the pressure in the offensive zone.
GW: Which team do you like the least in the Frozen Four.
Dakota As you know hunting dogs stick their noses in places they shouldn’t go when they are in the field hunting sometimes and I would have to say Badgers.
GW: Why Badgers?
GW: Badgers are mean aggressive animals that aren’t friends to dogs. They can do a lot of damage to Labs or other flushing dogs. The Wisconsin Badgers are a tough team that plays with a mean streak.
GW: Which Player on the Badgers do you like the most?
Dakota: I like Brian Elliot. He is a good goaltenders so the Sioux if they play the Badgers are going to have to get to him early and often.
GW: Which player do you like the least on the Badgers?
Dakota: Robbie Earl he is a diver. Earl is like a fish out of water flopping all over the ice.
GW: Which Fighting Sioux player do you like the most?
Dakota: I like the all but I like Jordan Parise, he is an awesome goaltender. If I was a hockey player I would like to be a goalie, they get to catch the puck a lot and I like fetching. I also like Matt Smaby on defene Matt is a monster that is an aggressive defenseman that smashes people. I also like Mike Prpich because he is one of the leaders of the pack and never gives up. It’s kind of like hunting you never give up on a retrieve.
GW: Who do you like in the second game of the Frozen Four?
Dakota: I like the Badgers over the Maine Black Bears. Both are tough teams but I think the Badgers will benefit from the home crowd. Some are referring to the Bradley Center as Kohl Center east.
GW: Who do you like to win the Frozen Four?
Dakota: Like the Goon I am a serious Fighting Sioux homer and I have to say Fighting Sioux. I will be there in the living room watching the game with daddy. The Fighting Sioux also have a good record when I watch the games. Last year’s final in the Frozen Four in Columbus was tough to stomach and I want UND to hang another banner at the REA. I think that would be 8 of them.
GW: There you have it the picks for the Frozen Four.

4 comments:

  1. Well so much for pooch pick! Time to focus on fall training. Nice season and run!

    Now wait for the defections to start. I hope the SUE don't lose the talent the Goof's lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes,
    I couldn't believe what I was seeing right before my very eyes. I told my buddies if Parise had actually made a few stops in this game UND would have won. They let this one get away.

    I am torn I not so sure I want the Wisconsin Badgers to win it all this year. But its better than Minnesota having it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what we really can't do anything about the people that leave. Zajac said today in the paper that he was staying another year to play with his brother, I think Stafford and Smaby will be gone but you never know.

    I am pretty sure we won't lose as much as the Gophers, that hurts losing players of that talent level.

    Now it is time to start training the dog and concentrating on Golf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Be honest I worn out this has been a emoitionaly draining season. I feel I need a break. I just went and got my golf course memembership.

    ReplyDelete