Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Western College Hockey: College Hockey Roundtable Discussion #1


Western College Hockey: College Hockey Roundtable Discussion #1


As the end of the year comes to a close in the WCHA: Its Wisconsin, Denver and Minnesota are neck and neck for the top spot in the WCHA something has got to give. Gophers or BADgers probably will finish in first or second. If the Gophers finish first that is fine me, let them have the the Cup. Doug Woog mentioned on FSN a few weeks ago that the Gophers might be peaking too fast, we can only hope. In my opinion I believe the Wisconsin BADgers have peaked already and are starting their late season swoon.

As UND fans know winning the Mcnaughten Cup has been known in the past to be a anchor and the team that wins the cup puts a lot of energy into winning the league. As far as the final top 6: positions 3,4,5,6 in the WCHA are officially up for grabs. I say how these teams finish could be anyone's guess after that, its just too close to call. I think UND and DU will emerge as the better teams in the end when it counts the most. But hey I am biased too.

No comments:

Post a Comment