Monday, October 22, 2012

INCH hangs up the skates

It was announced yesterday that Inside College Hockey is no longer going to be posting on a regular basis. What are your thoughts on that? Good or bad?
October 21, 2012 This feels a bit like a sudden-death loss, but those of us close to the site have known it to be inevitable for some time now – it’s time for Inside College Hockey to hang up the skates.

Essentially, real life has caught up with us. Family, jobs, and other responsibilities haveencroached – not on our affinity for college hockey – but on our ability to consistently generate Power Rankings, First Shifts, conference notebooks, INCH Podcasts, Napkins, Hobey Trackers and all the other elements that we’ve consistently produced. It's not fairto our loyal readers, and all of those participants that make college hockey great, to give them anything less than our best efforts.
I am sad; I think that INCH had done a good job promoting college hockey from a humorous and at times “snarky” perspective. Who is going to rile up the various fan bases?

I don’t know what I am going to use to fill the void? I listen to the INCH podcasts on my walks with my dog Dakota and now I am going to have to look for another show to fill that void, there are not a lot of podcasts that touch on college hockey from a national level.