Thursday, June 01, 2006

Rumor Central: Jordan Parise is gone.

Parise Going Pro?
I have heard this rumor a few times in my travels around town that Jordan Parise is going to sign a pro contract on the first of July, which to me is mind blowing if you saw the way he played during the frozen four. So apparently there are 4 teams have interviewed Jordan and the word around rumor central is that Jordan is as good as gone, he is not coming back. I have been told it time to except the fact that Jordan is gone and he is not coming back to the fighting sioux in the fall.

New Goalie Coming in
To replace Jordan there is going to be a 6'2" Canadian coming in to replace Jordy. I am being told this kid is going to be a ringer, a shut down goalie that is a stud.
I sure hope this kid can play because I believe without Jordy or a good goalie UND will flounder with Phil in the nets. No offense to Sioux fans but over the past two seasons Phil has give us no indication that he is starter material. However, No matter how many short comings Phil has, he is still beter goaltender than Gopher resident sieve Kellen Briggs from the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers.

6 comments:

  1. I think I figured out who this kid is
    Sicatoka made reference to the "duke" in a post in the Sioux thread...and people are saying his name is Anthony on the SS.com board.

    Well, there is an Anthony Greico on the Wellington Dukes of the OPJHL.....he put up good stats
    17-4-3 2.28GAA
    but he's not 6'2" but he is Canadian...guess we'll see

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6'1" is still pretty good size though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw him listed at 5'11" so maybe its 6'1" 6'2" on skates.

    It would suck to lost him and Toews too...but that's still a good team coming back, if UMN loses Johnson and Kessel, which i think they will...the top spot could be a battle between DU, UW, UND and SCSU

    ReplyDelete
  4. UW, isn't going to be very good when they lose elliot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. who says Elliott is going anywhere. I would think if he was going to sign, he would have already

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not Necessarily. Commodore didn't sign until the middle of the summer.

    I think it is funny how Badger fans are so sure he is coming back. Remember all of these kids are saying I will be back, and the minute they put the money on the table they are gone. I am not saying he isn't coming back but if Jordy is gone, I wouldn't be surprised if Elliot is gone too. The Sens don't want to lose Elliot as a draft choice and if they let him him go into next year they may lose him to the highest bidder.

    ReplyDelete