Tuesday, March 15, 2016

UND Bids Farewell to Dan Hammer


This past weekend, UND big farewell to play-by-play announcer Dan Hammer. Personally, I am going to miss his call of UND football and hockey. I think he's a fair, talented announcer and is very prepared when he steps into the booth.

Now, I know there are some fans that are happy that Hammer will no longer be doing UND hockey. However, I can say that I have enjoyed talking and interacting with him over the past four years. I would like to wish him luck.

Comparing him to some of the other NCHC.TV announcers, it's not even close. I would rather listen to him any day of the week, compared to some of the announcers we have, just in the conference alone. Good luck to Hammer.

Who would you like to replace Hammer in the booth next season? Personally, I would like to see Scott Williams from Lake Public TV replace him.

No comments:

Post a Comment