Saturday, February 20, 2016

UND 2, UMD 1 (Video Highlights)



Tonight, I ended up going to the game as a fan. I didn't realize how much I miss with my head in my laptop. My wife was working and my usual babysitter was at the game, too. No way I was missing this game.

In my opinion, the UMD vs. UND games is one of my favorite series. Instead of sitting at home hoping my wife makes it home early enough to make it to the game, I decided to buy a couple of tickets and attend the game. That wasn't cheap by the way.

This season, my eight-year-old daughter hadn't been to a game so I  figured it was a good time to have a father, daughter evening, so I ended up taking her to the one of the best games of the year. Good for UND fans, not so good for our friends from Duluth.

This was very big win for UND. I've had a few people ask me about the penalty that led to the penalty shot. I don't know. If I had been officiating this game, I would've probably called a two-minute penalty. We can write it off as, "hey it's Todd Anderson."

Apparently, Todd Anderson made the wrong call on the play in question (per the rule book). As my buddy Ken says, the refs don't follow the rule book anymore. Of course, he's a Penguins fan.

UMD head coach Scott Sandelin wasn't pleased with the call: “I don’t agree with the call at the end. It was a penalty, but I don’t agree with the penalty shot at all,” Sandelin said. “I don’t care if that gets me in trouble. It certainly was a penalty and they capitalized. We had our opportunities, they had their opportunities. It was a good hard-fought battle.”

No comments:

Post a Comment