Tuesday, June 18, 2013

UND and NDSU to resume the football rivalry?



Tonight, there was a tweet WDAY's Dom Izzo and apparently there's a chance that the NDSU and UND might resume the historic rivalry and begin playing football in 2015. That would be awesome news if true.

I was also re-reading an old blog post from last November  and of course there was the usual and predictable moronathon of comments from NDSU fans. You know, "the who needs UND, blah, blah, blah"…Kind of reminds me of the comments I have seen made from another rival or ours.

Look, when I went to school at UND, the Sioux vs the Bison football game was one of the hottest tickets in town, it was a very fun rivalry. I don't understand why people are still biter on both sides, after all of these years. Sure, Roger Thomas made a poor decision by deciding not to continue playing NDSU, but he has been gone from UND for a long time.

Lastly, I found a comment from a fan that really hits a home run. Also, this guys comments kind of puts things in perspective. Check it out. I would love to buy this guy a beer, because he gets it. Seriously, he's right, do NDSU fan "really" want to see the Bison play some slouch team, that fits the weak sister of the poor label, or do they want to play a real rival?



Enhanced by Zemanta