Thursday, December 06, 2012

Tech goal that was waved off.



[1:10 mark of video] With about 4 seconds remaining in the second period of Tuesday's game between MTU and NMU, it appeared that Michigan Tech forward Tanner Kero had scored a legitimate goal for the Michigan Tech Huskies... After further review by the CCHA officials, the goal by was waved off.

The ruling on the ice, the officials decided that Kero had interfered with the Northern Michigan goalie Jared Coreau. In looking at this video, I disagree, I this is a bad call. In my opinion, there is no reason this goal wasn't counted, albeit the video wasn't very good, I see no reason this was a goal on the score sheet.

In watching this video a dozen times, I don't see the goalie interference and if anything the goalie took a blatant dive. There is no reason that goalie should be flopping on the ice, in my opinion.  If the MTU forward touched the goaltender Coreau it was very minimal and not worthy of goalie interference, that's going hard to the net. I think that Mel Pearson has every right to be upset with this call.
Enhanced by Zemanta