Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Jordan Schmaltz hit on Drew Leblanc



I have had a few requests from readers to put video on-line so why not... I personally can see how the call on UND freshman defenseman Jordan Schmaltz was given a five minute major and a game missconduct. That being said, the refs aren't calling this equally. I don't know how many times this season already a UND player was crunched into boards from behind and the hit was worse than the one on the video and the offending player only got a two minute penalty.

Some fans are wondering why wasn't the Huskies forward Joey Holka given a major penalty for checking Dillon Simpson from behind at the 16:56 mark of the second period? I think both hits are very similar... That's what I have a problem with, there is no consistency in the referee's calls.  I think that is all the fans ask.
Enhanced by Zemanta