Friday, August 17, 2012

Rocco Grimaldi on the Pipeline show

This past Tuesday, UND forward freshman forward Rocco Grimaldi was on the Pipeline show with Guy Flaming. [Click to listen]

For those that are wondering about Rocco's recovery from the knee surgery. There is some good news. Last week, Rocco said that he has been skating for 45 minutes three times a week.

Rocco was asked if he was disappointed for not getting drafted in the first round of the 2011 NHL draft.

“Friday was definitely an interesting day as well," Grimaldi said.

"Getting there obviously like you said I was a wild card and I was told that too. So I wasn’t surprised about that I might go first, second, third, fourth whatever. So I was kind of just sitting there not knowing anything, like I know that some kids have an inkling enough of where they might end up, but I literally had nothing… Like I had no idea, so I am sitting there waiting and waiting and you know I thought it was a possibility, I heard end of the first beginning of the second, was probably where I was about to go. You know, obviously you want to go as high as you can, not that it matters but that was me personally, the first day ended and I didn’t get picked and I will be honest I was pretty upset. I wasn’t a very happy camper.”

Roco was asked about his faith and if it has ever been an issue for any of his fellow teammates.

“No I don’t think so,” Grimaldi said. Especially not with teammates, or those close to me because they know the true me; they know that’s just me and how I live my. I believe in the Lord. That’s just my life, Jesus is my life, and they know that and respect that. We just both respect each other. If we have something between us that kind of boiling and kind of getting angry, you know it’s the respect factor.“

"For the people that don’t know me, I don’t know. I obviously gotten some critics I guess just from the things that I have said. Most of them being misconstrued but there is nothing I can do about that. I am not really too concerned about what others are saying about me. As long as the Lord has said good things about me I am not too concerned about other people say about me.”
Enhanced by Zemanta