Friday, June 22, 2012

Jordan Schmaltz committed to UND

Brad Schlossman from the Grand Forks Herald has a great pre-draft piece on incoming freshman Jordan Schmaltz – again Schmaltz has re-iterated that he is committed to being a member of the Fighting Sioux hockey team and not going to the CHL.
Brad Elliott Schlossman, Grand Forks Herald ---[Jordan] Schmaltz interviewed with 24 of 30 NHL teams at the NHL Combine last month. He said almost all of the teams asked if he would be attending UND or if he would bolt to the Ontario Hockey League after the draft, like UND recruit J.T. Miller did a year ago.

“I just told them honestly that I am 100 percent to UND,” Schmaltz said. “They were fine with that. They’re happy I’m sticking with my commitment.”

Schmaltz said he’s looking forward to working with new UND assistant coach Brad Berry and arriving on the campus where his father and two uncles played college football.
“It’s an unbelievable atmosphere,” he said.
This past week I have gotten a few questions about Schmaltz’s status – from everything that I have read and heard is that he is going to be here – you read where he told Brad Schlossman that he is committed to coming to UND. Personally, I am not worried.
Enhanced by Zemanta