Sunday, May 20, 2012

J.P. Parise back tracks on comments

Zach Parise
Zach Parise (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I am one of those fans that is holding out hope that former Fighting Sioux forward Zach Parise ends up signing a free agent contract with the Minnesota Wild in the off season and finishes his hockey career in the "State of hockey."

After reading after reading J.P. Parise's comments the other day I got to thinking that the Rangers could be a destination for much sought after free agent player. 

Denis Gorman, New Jersey --- J.P. Parise was quoted in Friday’s edition of Newsday as saying, Zach “likes [John Tortorella] a lot,” and that his son “would fit in right there” with the Rangers. Zach Parise was a member of the 2010 U.S. Olympic Men’s hockey team, which Tortorella was an assistant coach on. Ryan Callahan was also a member of that team.
J.P. Parise went on to clarify his comments  he made about the Rangers being a possible team that might seek Parise's services.
Tom Gulitti, Fire and Ice --- “I have to say I was extremely disappointed in how my comments were portrayed in today’s newspaper article,” J.P. Parise said. “I would never speak for Zach under any circumstance. He has not talked to me about anything other than the playoffs and we have not discussed anything but the playoffs and that is 100 percent where his focus is right now and I have absolutely no intentions to distract and get things away from his focus right now.”
Enhanced by Zemanta